Tuesday, January 6, 2015

I Can Feel it in My Heart

Happy New Year Everyone!!  

I hope you all had a great time wherever you were and whoever you were with.  I don't have much to write on this week, other than a specific challenges for everyone who reads this.  I'm going to list off something that you can do to kick off 2015 that will uplift you and bring the light and love of Christ into your hearts in a greater measure.  

My challenge is to: Read the Book of Mormon (or Bible) all the way through with a question in mind.  The scriptures take on their full meaning and beauty when they are applied into our lives.  Nephi encourages us in 1 Nephi 19:23 to "liken all scriptures unto us, that it might be for our profit and learning."  

Read these scriptures with a question that you have or a concern or trial you are working through right now.  Write that question/concern/trial down, and as you read in the scriptures you will begin to see answers and applications for that specific question.  The scriptures may tell the same story and convey similar messages of Christ to everybody, but when you read them as if they were written to you, then you will gain the full blessings of the scriptures.  

Be sure to take note of those scriptures that answer that question or apply to your circumstances so that you don't forget them.  Because what worth is it to find an answer if you don't remember it?

I promise that as you prayerfully read in the scriptures with this question in mind, it will be answered and you will be uplifted and grow closer to your Savior.  

This year will bring many great things, I can feel it in my heart.  Take advantage of every good opportunity that comes in your path.  

Much love from Elder Gailey

No comments:

Post a Comment